Friday, May 11, 2012

Bessie

Do you recall at the beginning of the year I said I had two goals for 2012? One of them was to paint four 36” x 48” canvases.  Well, I just finished the second of the four. The more I’m thinking about it, and after completing two I think three may be good! I started this second painting on February 28th and it has taken me a long time to finish.

I woke up to a beautiful sunny morning and headed into the studio early and was determined that today, Friday, was the day! My hubby came by with a bubble tea - I love those black tapioca bubbles. He gave me a few critiques while sipping his bubble tea, I made some changes, put my signature on, and voila, she is finished!



I have to tell you that I found the photo to paint from on the internet. It belongs to Johan Peijnenburg, from NiO Photography.  I emailed Johan to ask if he was ok with me using his photo for a painting, he thought about it, gave me the ok, and the end result is finally here…Bessie!

Johan has some gorgeous photos on his website. I recommend going to check them out. His photos will inspire you!
~ Sharka ~

No comments:

Post a Comment