Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Tag Album



I always have ideas for Valentine’s projects and I just don’t seem to get around to making them all! I thought of making a tag album this year, but actually getting down to it and making it was another story… I didn’t want to go out and buy more ‘heart’ paper so instead checked out the ‘valentine paper’ bin. I had a lot of cute paper, stickers and embellishments and a collection of paper from Echo Park last year called Yours Truly. I also had cardstock to match! 

As I brought it all together and started, it was definitely in the red, black, white and pink tones. Because a lot of my embellishments were on the ‘too cutesy’ side, the idea just wasn’t coming together. I took a trip to Michaels and a few of the dollar stores and got a few additional things… on clearance already - yay!


After finishing this tag album, there were a few things I know I should have changed. It all worked out in the end, it just took a lot more hours the way I did it!

The good news… I used tools and supplies that hadn’t had much attention in a long time, some things had never even been opened. I also got to make my own embellishments (that’s where the hours went) and I used up papers that I really, really ‘loved’… last year!

Things that I used to make my tag album were:
- file folders as the base cut to size (4”x8”)
- StudioG alphabet stamps to stamp my sayings
- cereal box for the large chipboard heart
- computer clip art, tracing out and hand cutting hearts, etc.
- brads (pkg never opened!), and
- coin envelope die from Sizzix… which also was in the never opened pile!

  

   

  

  

Have a LOVE-ly Day! ~ Sharka

No comments:

Post a Comment