Thursday, December 16, 2010

Have You Ever Had Reindeer Tea?


Here I am with another post...a few weeks ago we met up with friends for dinner and as we were leaving one said she had frappuccino bottles for me. I then remembered last year I had asked her to save them for me and now she had them, a year later! She had a case of 12 bottles and I left them in the back of my truck for a few weeks until I saw a post on Everyday Cricut about something called "Reindeer Tea"? I searched the internet and found out Reindeer Tea is aka Holiday Spiced Tea. It is a very nice warmer'upper type of beverage. I think it's now a holiday favorite.

I had to clean the bottles and take the labels off. The labels came off no problem, but the sticky glue left behind sure didn't, argh! My DH was kind enough to use all kinds of products to remove it and he finally put them in the dishwasher to make sure they were sterilized. I made tags for the tea, adhered instructions to the backs of them, and decorated the tops. Each bottle given out included one of my handmade Christmas cards. I'm happy that one of the projects on my list is completed, pwef!

For those that want to know, Reindeer Tea is a mix of Orange Tang, Country Time Lemonade, Iced Tea and spices (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg & ginger) added to boiling water. It sounds odd, but it's delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharka - I have linked to your Reindeer tea for my post tomorrow - i know i have tea drinker so they will come by! If you follow me you will be no 50!

    ReplyDelete