Friday, November 25, 2011

Anonymous Art Show

Last night was the Opening of The Anonymous Art Show. The doors opened at 7:00pm and I was the 25th person waiting in line… This is the third year I’ve participated and by the time I left, one of my paintings had sold, yay!


The show is a group exhibition and a fundraising event that includes paintings by both established and emerging artists. All paintings are 8”x8” on canvas.
The artwork is sold right off the walls - once a painting is sold, the purchaser takes it home with them. Each wall is named after one of Santa’s reindeers and the exhibit runs until Saturday, December 17th.


The paintings are $100 each; 50% goes to the artist and the other 50% to the North Vancouver Arts Council. People do not know who painted each piece as they are only signed on the back. The show allows the community to support local artists and provides you the opportunity to purchase original art work at a great price!


This year, The Anonymous Art Show received over 900 paintings - they have accepted 641 in past years - but because of the number submitted, they allowed room for 732 paintings. I can’t remember how many artists they said participated.
 x   
 
I think since the opening has happened and one of my paintings is off the wall, I can reveal all three pieces I submitted. If you get a chance and live on the North Shore, go and have a look, it’s truly a wonderful venue!!! ~ Sharka 

No comments:

Post a Comment