Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's All About the Wine?


      Let’s have a glass of wine!


…as we were sipping wine while having dinner at Cactus Club this past summer, I was asked if I would paint a ‘wine still life’ for our good friends!  REALLY?! For some reason I was a little embarrassed as I felt my cheeks turn the same colour as the wine!

Five months later here we are - I just finished the painting for them. There seems to be a ‘dinner out at restaurant’ theme behind this commission. We made plans a few weeks back for Dine Out Vancouver and they had no problem with me presenting it to them after dinner in the parking lot of the Boathouse Restaurant!

I had both fun and challenges with this painting. The most important part of the painting was “it had to show a bottle of BORDEAUX”. To keep the story short, the label was really challenging to create due to the fine printing and I learned a lot about the various tools available for such detailed work. Many of them are not that great but painting future wine labels should be a breeze!!!



The “clients” were very pleased with the outcome. When they got home, they placed the piece on their mantel and both enjoyed drinking a glass of wine – while admiring their painting of wine!

À la vôtre! ~ Sharka

No comments:

Post a Comment