Friday, November 22, 2013

Fundraising for ART!


This year I was able to participate and attend the Opening Receptions of two painting fundraising events.

The first was the first year for the Federation of Canadian Artists’ (FCA) Ten Squared show. A show where all paintings are 10”x10” and signatures are on the back of the work. Ten Squared runs until December 8th and is located on Granville Island.

Cowmooflauge

Last night I attended the opening for the 9th Annual Anonymous Show at the North Vancouver Art Council gallery (one of my favourites). It’s the fifth year for me participating… the artist remains a mystery until after the art is purchased!

This year’s Anonymous Show opening went well. I think there are more people each year and last night was definitely a ‘shoulder to shoulder’ attendance!

 

One of the ‘tweets’ sent last night said… “We already sold over 50 paintings in the 1st hour! So ‪#exciting to be here, 360 artists and 738 ‪#artpieces!” Two of my pieces sold which is great.

I was also fortunate to meet one of the buyers of my paintings called “Clyde”. Really friendly lady and she said she also wanted to buy “Nosey Parker” - but someone else got him before her.

                                          

 
     Cafe Moo Lait                                      Nosey Parker

The Anonymous Show runs till December 21st and if you didn’t make it last night, I highly recommend you check it out before it closes! ~ Sharka

No comments:

Post a Comment