Sunday, November 17, 2013

Life Drawing




Do you recall me saying, I'm going to hang in with the 'Life Drawing' for awhile. It will give me practice, make my sketching/drawing for my paintings easier, and get the right side of my brain working?” That was November 4th, 2011!

Here we are 2 years later and I actually took the last two years off from the class! Last Thursday was my first time back and the first time the group “Simply Drawing” used our studio -
Silent Poetry Art Studio. I used the short poses to work on faces - my nemesis. 



Life Drawing is a weekly non-instructional 3-hour class that meets every Thursday evening from 6.30 to 9.30pm. We practice our drawing skills in a friendly, non-competitive environment.

We alternate male and female professional models that pose unclothed, and aim for a diversity in age and body shapes. The group is for both amateur and experienced artists and we welcome all skill levels!

During the 3-hour session we have a series of short 1 and 2 minutes warm up poses. Then we move into a few long poses 5 to 25-30 minutes long.

Simply Drawing has the life drawing essentials - chairs, easels, music, tea and… CHOCOLATE!



So join us and bring your drawing materials, paper and sense of humour. We love to laugh! 
~ Sharka

No comments:

Post a Comment