Thursday, December 22, 2011

No TV = Things Done!

I had the Christmas baking itch for a few weeks and hadn’t made anything until... our cable went down, all but one channel was out of commission!! No TV – what was I going to do?!

Cable ended up being off for a week. I was actually happy because along with the baking itch resolved, we also put up the tree, put some of the decorations around the house in place, Christmas cards made and sent, and all my little Christmas packages for friends completed.



I ended up baking four batches of Toffee Shortbread cookies and two batches of Gingerbread ‘Crackle’ cookies. After the cookies were baked I still thought some of the gifts were missing something… hmmm?  Kathryn solved that problem… after watching one of her videos, I decided to add some gift wrapped chocolate bars into the mix - wrapped in patterned paper and embellished with a large snowman!



If you still have a to-do list for Christmas, my recommendation at this point is to put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done! ~ Sharka

No comments:

Post a Comment